The Jaipur Bridge is now open, however the Eau Claire Plaza is temporarily closed for redevelopment. The Jaipur Bridge can be accessed from the Bow River Pathway via 2nd Street SW, 5th Street SW and 6th Street SW.
There are four access points leading onto the island:
- The pedestrian footbridge at the end of 2nd Street SW, directly east of Eau Claire Market on the South East end of Prince’s Island.
- From Eau Claire Avenue SW at 5th Street or 6th Street SW
- From Memorial Drive NW, crossing Memorial Drive and the Bow River via the bridge at the Calgary Curling Club, North of Prince’s Island.
- Jaipur Bridge from the Bow River Pathway via 2nd Street SW, 5th Street SW or 6th Street SW.
River Café has no designated parking.
1. The Eau Claire Market area offers public parking and heated underground with access to the island from 2nd Street SW footbridge.
2. On the North side of the river off Memorial Drive, near the Calgary Curling Club, there is a Calgary Parking Authority parking lot with free parking after 6pm. Access to the island is from the Memorial foot bridge.
3. Street parking available on Eau Claire Avenue SW at 6th Street SW with access to the island over the 6th Street SW causeway.